(And why they’re good for them)
Toddlers are often difficult and demanding. One day, they’ll love something you cook. The next day, they’ll refuse to even take a bite! Go figure. But here are 8 foods they like to eat that you’ll know are GOOD FOR THEM. Foods to make life easier and healthier.
Here are eight good food items:
1.Fruit: A kind of fruit is Sweet and refreshing, universally liked, a good substitute for vegetables. Whole fruit has more fibre than juice, fiber helps collect waste from the body
Banana and Potato is good kids.
2.Yoghurt and milk: Smooth and pleasant, yoghurt and milk is an excellent food for children and a good dairy food for those unable to digest milk or with lactose intolerance Due to its nutritional value and the role it plays in growth and development, milk is an important drink for children. Along with cheese and yoghurt, milk is part of the dairy food group that provides children with an important source of calcium, which is essential for healthy bones and teeth.
Q: How much vitamin D is in a glass of milk?
Each glassof fortified milk should contain about 2.5 mcg of vitamin D (but on average, it may contain only 1.25mcg).
Q: How much vitamin D do Children need?
(children between the ages of 1 and 13)
For children from 1 to 13 years of age, intake of vitamin D per day is 15 mcg
3. Bread: Our first convenience food – soft, chewy and satisfying. Can do great things for kids with the humble loaf, from toast, sandwiches, jaffles to pudding.
4. Breakfast cereals: Convenient, nutritious, all low in fat (except for toasted muesli).Encourages milk consumption. One of the few things children can get themselves as they grow up.
5. Lean mince: An easy way to get kids to eat meat – the best source of bio-available iron. Can be turned into kid-friendly meals like spaghetti bolognaise, savoury mince, meatballs, hamburgers, meatloaf and rissoles.
6. Pasta: Thank goodness for macaroni, spaghetti and noodles. It is good for children start to walk.
7. Eggs: One egg contains about 186 mg of cholesterol, which is found mostly in the yolk. As with most foods, eggs should be eaten in moderation. Eggs can be a healthy food choice when you limit other foods with saturated and trans fat. Eggs is risk factors for cardiovascular disease. … It’s advised to cap dietary cholesterol at 300 milligrams daily.
8. Baked beans: Quick, handy and good to eat. One of the highest fiber foods, baked beans on toast is an excellent vegetarian meal for non-meat eaters. Always keep a can in the cupboard.
Source : FoodWatch & USDA