At BABYWORLD, we are committed to protecting your personal information. We have published this data protection guide to ensure that you are fully aware of how and why we collect information from you and to whom such information is disclosed.
There are a number of occasions on which personal data may be collected from you. These include:
- You purchase a product at a Baby World store and pay by credit or debit card
- You order a product from a Baby World store and pay a deposit for in store collection or home delivery
- You purchase a product from us through our website or over the telephone
- You visit our website without making a purchase
- You provide us with your personal data for product registration
- You provide us with your personal data to enable us to send you e-mail and/or postal marketing
- You participate in a customer survey in store, on-line or over the telephone
- You enter a competition or prize draw in store, on-line or over the telephone
- You return a product to us for refund, exchange or repair
- You make a complaint
- You are an independent retailer of Baby World products and provide us with your personal data in the course of our trading relationship
Depending on how and for what purpose we are collecting personal data from you, this will include one or more of the following items:
- Name, address, telephone number(s) (home, work and mobile) and e-mail address of the person making the purchase and, where different, the recipient
- Name, address, telephone number(s) (home, work and mobile) and e-mail address of any person other than the purchaser of the product from whom we are asked to collect any part of the payment due
- Delivery and billing address
- Credit or debit card details
- Expected or actual date of birth and gender of the child
- Information about any computer used to access our website (such as the IP address)
- E-mail addresses of the recipients
- Information about siblings and lifestyle
- Information collected when you visit our website (whether or not you make a purchase) by “cookies” or other internet technology as described in greater detail below
You must ensure all personal data you provide to us is true and accurate when provided. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or personal details which you are not authorized to use.
We and, where applicable, other companies in the Baby World, use the personal data you provide us with for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of the order you have placed with us (or with another retailer) including processing your payment and delivering or making available for collection the purchased product
- Registering your product
- Sending you e-mail, postal and, when available, SMS marketing, where you have subscribed for this
- Sending you vouchers
- Processing a refund or exchange
- Repairing your product
- Sending you information in relation to your product
- Entering you in the competition or prize draw for which you have completed an entry form
- Investigating and responding to any complaint or other correspondence we receive from you
- Monitoring and reviewing our products and service
- Administering, developing and improving our website
- Analyzing your browsing patterns to enable us to improve our website and your experience of it including selecting and tailoring products, services and special discounts we think you will be interested in
- Monitoring customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of our website
- To serve website content and advertisements to you
- Doing anything which is ancillary to or connected with any of the above purposes
- We may notify you about enhancements to our services such as; functionality changes, special features and offers
- Any carefully selected 3rd parties that we think you will find interesting, may contact you directly
In order to fulfil the purposes, set out above, we may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
- The carrier who will deliver your product or collect it from you where we have arranged this
- Someone to whom you have asked us to disclose your personal data or who we have good reason to believe you wish us to disclose your personal data to such as, for example, the recipient of a product you have purchased
- Any business we use for or in connection with any part of the order fulfilment process such as the processing of credit card payments
- Any business that looks after or operates any of our computer servers which process personal data
- Any business we use to produce or send out marketing material on our behalf
- Any party to whom it is appropriate or necessary to disclose personal data in connection with any complaint or claim you make to us, such as our insurers or insurance brokers
We will only disclose such personal data to any third party as is necessary to enable them to carry out the function or purpose for which it is disclosed. For example, we will only disclose such personal data to a carrier as is necessary to enable them to deliver or collect your product.
Except for other companies in the Baby World, we do not sell or otherwise disclose any personal data to any third party so that they can send you their marketing material.
The personal information you are required to provide when you register should be true and accurate at the time of completion. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or personal details which you are not authorized to use.
You are generally entitled to ask us what personal data of yours is being held or processed by us, for what purpose and to whom it may be or has been disclosed. We will not charge a fee to respond to such a request. We promise to respond to your request within 7 working days of receiving your written request. In certain limited circumstances as permitted, we are entitled to refuse your request.
If you believe that any of your personal data which we are processing is inaccurate or incorrect please contact us immediately.
If you wish to contact us for any of the above reasons, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us 010 xxx xxx.